Please only post useful motorcycle-related links

Mods and maintenance...

Mods and maintenance...

Postby daBeast » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:40 pm

A great site for info on mods and regular maintenance is:

http://www.bareasschoppers.com

There is one for changing fork springs, adjusting the valves, installing firmer clutch springs, and much more. There is also a few endorsements of items across the web made by cycle shops for things we put on the VTX...like a headlight bucket dampener to stop the infernal rattle.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Who is John Galt?

Peace is not the result of an absence of conflict, rather it is the result of a large group of people who are armed and willing to defend their Liberty to the death if necessary.
daBeast
SITE ADMIN

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Bike Modifications: VTX 1800R with Neo Retro Back Rest and Luggagae rack, Mach2 Intake, Bub Exhaust, Ultimate Seats, NC Switchblade Windshield, Tsukayu Large Strong Bags, Cobra Fatties, Kury Large Silver Bullet Driving Lights, AudioVOx CCS-100 Cruise Control

Re: Mods and maintenance...

Postby DEVTXTC » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:38 am

This is a FANTASTIC site. I've been referring to it since I got the X. Lots of detailed information for just about everything you can think of.
04 1800C, Bub Huggers, Kury Pro-R, PC III, Switchblade, Corbin Gunfighter and a few other things.
DEVTXTC
XI**
Progress to next rank:
59.5%

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Re: Mods and maintenance...

Postby daBeast » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:16 pm

One of the first things I did on my X was replace the front fork springs with the progressives. The write up at BareAssChoppers guided us through it perfectly.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Who is John Galt?

Peace is not the result of an absence of conflict, rather it is the result of a large group of people who are armed and willing to defend their Liberty to the death if necessary.
daBeast
SITE ADMIN

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Bike Modifications: VTX 1800R with Neo Retro Back Rest and Luggagae rack, Mach2 Intake, Bub Exhaust, Ultimate Seats, NC Switchblade Windshield, Tsukayu Large Strong Bags, Cobra Fatties, Kury Large Silver Bullet Driving Lights, AudioVOx CCS-100 Cruise Control

Return to Links