Board announcements, notifications, and new member info

Board Crashed

Board Crashed

Postby XTRM » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:30 am

In the process of updating the board, I discovered that our original host was not very forum friendly in that the server would keep timing out while running the update script. So, in order to update the board, I decided I would switch hosts to one with a good forum-friendly reputation. In doing this, the entire board database would be lost if it were not for the backup files I have. Well, it seems that the original host (1and1.com) was also timing out during the backup process, so a full backup was never attained. I did not realize this until trying to restore the board. Since "users," "topics," and "posts" are all near the end of the alphabet, those are the most important database tables that did not get backed up when the server would time out. Therefore, the entire board as we knew it is gone. Yes, all that wonderful information gathered over the last 5 years is history now. It makes me sick every time I think about it...but we are the Maryland Xiles...we will move forward, and the Xiles database will grow once again. I sincerely apologize for what has happened, and before I have 300+ bikers giving me a piece of their minds, I assure you, I was positive that I had the necessary backup files to move and update the board without much trouble. I blame this tragedy on 1and1.com.

We can only move forward from here, so please re-register and start posting once again.

Additionally, having young children, a full time job, and trying to get a new business off the ground sucks up a lot of my time. I do not have the time to heavily modify the board like it used to be, so for now, this board will have to do. If you have the experience and the desire to customize the board, please email me at john@mdxiles.com.

Again, my sincerest apologies for what has happened.
John

XTRM
SITE ADMIN

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Return to Announcements