Board announcements, notifications, and new member info

I Found Our Old Database -- HELP NEEDED

I Found Our Old Database -- HELP NEEDED

Postby XTRM » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:27 pm

After some more looking, I did find our old database after all. I tried to merge the old with the new, but it didn't turn out so good, so I reverted to our new board... If you have database (MySQL) experience and think you can help me, please send me an email or PM. I'd love to get together over a couple of beers and figure out how to get our board info back. :woo:
John

XTRM
SITE ADMIN

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Re: I Found Our Old Database -- HELP NEEDED

Postby greazman » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:14 am

Whew!!I thought I was having a flashback :headscratch:
There's nothing like 110 cubic inches and 6 gallons of gas between your legs!!!!
greazman

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Bike Modifications: 2005 Orange 1800 N--Mustang seat,Bub Jug Huggers--Darkside Goodyear 205/60-16--Desmogged, Power commander,Ultimate air cleaner

Postby JerkyMan » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:09 am

XTRM wrote:After some more looking, I did find our old database after all. I tried to merge the old with the new, but it didn't turn out so good, so I reverted to our new board... If you have database (MySQL) experience and think you can help me, please send me an email or PM. I'd love to get together over a couple of beers and figure out how to get our board info back. :woo:

PM Sent!
"You may not like where I'm goin', But you sure know where I stand" Toby Keith
JerkyMan
XILE
Progress to next rank:
28.2%

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby Slo_VTX » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:13 pm

If you still need help with the MySQL stuff let me know. It's been a few years since my gaming server was up but I have used it for both the band's website and my gaming server. It's fairly simple stuff I believe since what you want can be done with MySQL queries basically. A query here, an export there, an insert here.. etc. and it will be all good. Hardest part is the indexing to make sure everyone gets just their own info back and not someone else's ...although screwing that up could actually be funny. But once you have that figured out it's fairly simple stuff.
Slo_VTX
X***
Progress to next rank:
60%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby XTRM » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Ok, thanks...JerkyMan is coming over this weekend to help out. You're welcome to join us if you like. He's coming to my place on Saturday at 10am. Let me know if you want to join.
John

XTRM
SITE ADMIN

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Postby JerkyMan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:51 am

Hey Slo! Why don't ya come and join us on Saturday. I'm thinking about riding the VTX out. We can make a ride out of it. :thumbup:
"You may not like where I'm goin', But you sure know where I stand" Toby Keith
JerkyMan
XILE
Progress to next rank:
28.2%

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby canuck » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:45 am

JerkyMan wrote:Hey Slo! Why don't ya come and join us on Saturday. I'm thinking about riding the VTX out. We can make a ride out of it. :thumbup:

Any luck guys? Just curious if you had any luck at all, or was it more like this guy. :banghead:
I'm not going grey, I'm going chrome
canuck
XILE
Progress to next rank:
32.6%

Bike Modifications: VTX 1300C, hardbags, fairing, Crash bars, Ultimate mid-rider seat, HID Headlight, Roadhouse Dooleys, chrome rad cover, Tsukayu Hard Bags and Trunk

Postby XTRM » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:57 am

We actually weren't able to get together Saturday.
John

XTRM
SITE ADMIN

Postby amurrow » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:48 pm

Aside from Tig welding and other sorts of metal working, I happen to be pretty good with computer programming, specifically PHP and mySQL. I'd be happy to lend a hand to help some fellow vtx riders.
amurrow

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby Bulldogs Dad » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Just a thought, If you go to the main VTXOA Site and scroll down to the to the states. Click on Maryland you may be able to find or recovre some old info..
Bulldogs Dad
X***
Progress to next rank:
6.7%

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Bike Modifications: goldwing 2002

Return to Announcements