Board announcements, notifications, and new member info

Web Hosting Costs

Web Hosting Costs

Postby XTRM » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:41 am

Hello Everyone,
I know I have not been present on the board for quite some time, and many of you may not have even met me, but I have basically become the financial backing that keeps the site hosted. Norm has been acting as board administrator and doing a wonderful job! Now, I have never had a complaint about paying out of pocket (and occasionally with the help of a donation) since I still feel a great amount of love for this group and want to do my part. With that said, the latest bill for renewal of hosting for the next two years just blind-sided me. $215.76 was what just got charged to my account. I'm sure some people would not mind that so much, but in my family, that's a week's worth of groceries that we can't get now. This season has really hit my family hard and we're scraping to get by. I have never asked for donations outright, and it pains me to do it now, but I'm hoping that some of you will be kind enough to absorb some of the cost for hosting. I'm not asking for all of it, just a substantial amount of it. I also don't want to take any more that what my bill was, so if you all are overly generous, I will pass along the extra to Norm and/or a charity of his choosing since he has done so much more for the group than I have as of late. Thank you for taking the time to read this long message. The donation button is at the bottom of each page.
John

XTRM
SITE ADMIN

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Re: Web Hosting Costs

Postby Scout » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks John. Wish my donation could have been more but currently unemployed. Your efforts to keep this site running are appreciated.
Paul aka Scout
Scout
XIL*
Progress to next rank:
11.2%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Web Hosting Costs

Postby stranaz » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:30 pm

Not on Tapatalk, but no worries, as doon as I'm home, i'll push that button
May the force be with you!

Everyone has to believe in Something !
I belive I'll have another BEER !

I'd rather walk, then drive a HOG
stranaz
XILE
Progress to next rank:
12.4%

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Bike Modifications: 2002 VTX 1800C, desmogged, Saddlebags, PC III, Fairing, Sound, Bub pipes, Mustang Seat, Skull, and a realy cool avatar

Postby daBeast » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Hope my littel bit helps. As far as any overage, I do the little I do out of love for my fellow riders, so my favorite Charities are, the XTRM family, or if they refuse, Make a Wish Foundation, Wounded Warriors, or Fischer House.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Who is John Galt?

Peace is not the result of an absence of conflict, rather it is the result of a large group of people who are armed and willing to defend their Liberty to the death if necessary.
daBeast
SITE ADMIN

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Bike Modifications: VTX 1800R with Neo Retro Back Rest and Luggagae rack, Mach2 Intake, Bub Exhaust, Ultimate Seats, NC Switchblade Windshield, Tsukayu Large Strong Bags, Cobra Fatties, Kury Large Silver Bullet Driving Lights, AudioVOx CCS-100 Cruise Control

Postby XTRM » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:20 pm

Thank you so much guys! I knew you'd come through. So far I've received $170. Every bit is appreciated, no matter how small. You guys rock.
John

XTRM
SITE ADMIN

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Postby retirementtoy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:13 pm

Wish it could be more. Lets keep this going gang.
retirementtoy
XI**
Progress to next rank:
77.5%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Bike Modifications: Lots o Chrome, Custom Day Long touring seat, LED lighting and White Wall tires. but more to come for sure.

Postby JerkyMan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:46 pm

XTRM wrote:Thank you so much guys! I knew you'd come through. So far I've received $170. Every bit is appreciated, no matter how small. You guys rock.

What is the remaining balance at this time? I'll pay the rest! :thumbup:
"You may not like where I'm goin', But you sure know where I stand" Toby Keith
JerkyMan
XILE
Progress to next rank:
28.2%

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby mytitan » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:49 am

Hi all,

John, I am glad you spoke up about this bill and understand the added expense should be shared. I will make a donation as well but mine will come this Friday aka pay day.

Jerkyman, let's split the remaining cost. $23.00 each, You and me, doable?
Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.
mytitan
XI**
Progress to next rank:
33.5%

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby JerkyMan » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:25 pm

mytitan wrote:Hi all,

John, I am glad you spoke up about this bill and understand the added expense should be shared. I will make a donation as well but mine will come this Friday aka pay day.

Jerkyman, let's split the remaining cost. $23.00 each, You and me, doable?

As long as John is covered on the entire cost, then yes that sounds good! Thanks for splitting with me MyTitan! :thumbup:
JerkyMan
XILE
Progress to next rank:
28.2%

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby mytitan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:51 pm

John, check your PayPal, mine is in. Jerkyman, your turn.
Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.
mytitan
XI**
Progress to next rank:
33.5%

Postby XTRM » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:40 pm

OMG you are all so awesome! We have met the goal, and this has lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. To all of you who donated, I cannot.... No, my family cannot thank you enough. I can't wait to get a bike again and ride with you amazing people.
Happy New Year!
John

XTRM
SITE ADMIN

Postby JerkyMan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:49 pm

XTRM wrote:OMG you are all so awesome! We have met the goal, and this has lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. To all of you who donated, I cannot.... No, my family cannot thank you enough. I can't wait to get a bike again and ride with you amazing people.
Happy New Year!

You're welcome John. :smoking:

What is more awesome is that you continue to run this website and forum. For the fact that you have many other life events going on (family startup and home inspection business), and that you don't have a bike anymore, but yet keep this website going for the benefit of everyone else...well, that is just plain ole AWESOME!!! And I thank you for that.
JerkyMan
XILE
Progress to next rank:
28.2%

Postby greazman » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:27 pm

I agree!! John has taken care of this web site all of these years for the benefit of the members... Who without this site would have never met or become friends... Thanks John... I still think you should put the donate button at the top of this page so members can see it easier !!
There's nothing like 110 cubic inches and 6 gallons of gas between your legs!!!!
greazman

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Bike Modifications: 2005 Orange 1800 N--Mustang seat,Bub Jug Huggers--Darkside Goodyear 205/60-16--Desmogged, Power commander,Ultimate air cleaner

Postby canuck » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:24 am

Just donated even after the goal was met, maybe save it till next renewal or pay ahead.
I'm not going grey, I'm going chrome
canuck
XILE
Progress to next rank:
32.6%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Bike Modifications: VTX 1300C, hardbags, fairing, Crash bars, Ultimate mid-rider seat, HID Headlight, Roadhouse Dooleys, chrome rad cover, Tsukayu Hard Bags and Trunk

Postby daBeast » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:09 pm

Yep, John IS pretty awesome in the fact he keeps this running for us. The very least we could do is bear the cost.

Here is to hoping you get a bike real soon, John!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Who is John Galt?

Peace is not the result of an absence of conflict, rather it is the result of a large group of people who are armed and willing to defend their Liberty to the death if necessary.
daBeast
SITE ADMIN

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Bike Modifications: VTX 1800R with Neo Retro Back Rest and Luggagae rack, Mach2 Intake, Bub Exhaust, Ultimate Seats, NC Switchblade Windshield, Tsukayu Large Strong Bags, Cobra Fatties, Kury Large Silver Bullet Driving Lights, AudioVOx CCS-100 Cruise Control
Next

Return to Announcements